Saturday, March 10, 2012

Tucson Training Camp Day 0



March 10, 2012 and I'm sitting on a plane headed to Tucson, AZ to train like a Professional Triathlete.  For seven days I will swim, bike, and run in the beautiful Arizona climate.  Google says Tucson experiences over 300 days on average of sunny clear blue ski's a year.  I guess we'll see how accurate that is at least for seven days.  For this east coaster, heading to the desert is like traveling to the moon, only I can breathe without the help of an oxygen tank…maybe.  You see this week I will train some 30 hours and at times will approach altitudes of 9000 feet so maybe I will need that oxygen tank after all.  For the next week I will attempt to post images and thoughts about the views I experienced, the people I met, and the great joy I experienced.  While it is fun to experience these great joys by one's self, I will be training with a great group of athletes from all over the country with Coach Brian Grasky of Grasky Endurance Coaching and the rest of his coaching team.  I'm also going to include our my routes each day for your amusement.  Today I ran with a young lady that hails from somewhere in Canada and Coach Bill.









Transportation for the week...to Dinner



Here's today workout http://connect.garmin.com/activity/156632655#.T1wineASNoI.facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment